The PBI MAS12 Scholarship Program
PBI understands the financial impact that disciplinary issues can create for you and your family. In 2003, Stephen Schenthal, MD, founder of PBI, established a scholarship program to assist professionals, residents and students who wished to continue to benefit from the education, support, and guidance provided by the MAS12 Course but who faced serious financial hardship.
Scholarships are limited in number and based on the availability of funds. It is entirely underwritten by Professional Boundaries, Inc. PBI does not receive any outside funding for the PBI-MAS12 Scholarship.
Participants receiving a scholarship will receive a letter of participation upon successful completion of the twelve-week teleconference cycle but are not eligible to receive CME credit.
Scholarships cannot be used for the MAS12 if attendance is mandated by your regulatory agency, medical board, disciplinary committee or physician health program to fulfill an order, stipulated agreement, or contract.
To be eligible for to apply for a PBI-MAS12 scholarship:
- Applicant must demonstrate severe limitation of financial resources.
- Agree to attend and participate in the teleconference discussions on a regular basis.
Since the MAS12 is an advanced course, designed to integrate and augment the education acquired in earlier courses, applicant must be a graduate of one of the following prerequisite courses:
- The PBI Professional Boundaries and Ethics Course (PB24)
- Professional Boundaries and Risk Management: A Primer (Primer 15)
- Medical Ethics and Professionalism (ME15), teleconference and live versions
- Medical Ethics and Professionalism (ME22)
- Pharmacy Ethics and Professionalism (PE22)
- The PBI Prescribing Course (RX21)
For information, please contact Leia Hutfles, Course Administrator, at [email protected] or (904) 860-6204.
For information regarding the MAS12- Professional Boundaries & Ethics: Maintenance and Accountability Seminars, please click here.